United States Military Insignias

United States Military Insignias
All Military Insignia From Each Branch

Thursday, December 19, 2013

First Contact With A Recruiter

My first time I came in contact with an Army recruiter I was ten years old and from then I realized what I wanted to do. In my mind I wanted to do what the army soldiers do every day and have the benefits they get while doing their job or jobs. Starting at age fifteen I was able to physically go in and talk to the recruiters about my future in the armed services. At talking for hours and going up there a couple days a week I knew this is what I wanted to do with my life and indefinably make this a career job which would last from a minimum of twenty years all the way to thirty or more years. After almost two years I made my dream a reality because two days before my seventeenth birthday my recruiter Sergeant Michael Banks of the US Army came to my house with the paper work and after a thirty minute process I was ready to go down to the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS). The process took three days due to a delay during one of the days because they lost my information but it was worth it to be down in Sacramento and later be enlisted into the delayed entry program.

No comments:

Post a Comment