United States Military Insignias

United States Military Insignias
All Military Insignia From Each Branch

Friday, March 21, 2014

Hold On Credit To Sgt.1st Class Andre Anderson

This black earth it holds me back

I only wish that I were home


So you could tell me what was right 


And I could try to change what's wrong


Diyahnnn diyahnnnnnn


It's all the distance between us now


That gives me fear that you are gone


Please hear my heart that beats loud


And just hold onnnnnnn


Just hold on...


If the battles I have lived through 


Were in vain then give me death


In this war there are only losers


As the victors beat their chests


Diyahnnn diyahnnnnnn


I'm just animal in nature


Without knowing I am in your heart


Just not knowing brings out anger 


And it's tearing me apart


Hold on...hold on...


The fertile earth consumes me now


Underneath this great dark cloud


Your last words deeply cut me


From my grave I'll cry out loud!


Diyahnnn diyahnnnnnn


Someone waiting for a Soldier to come home wrote the other anonymous poem


The T-Shirt


Mingling musk


sweat scent


powder punctures


cotton creases


Tears trickle


Away now


save again for later


bring the ache 


tomorrow still gone


another day 


without you



Credit to Sgt.1st Class Andre Anderson of the United States Army for his winning poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment